Saturday, January 12, 2013

From "Seat 15A",

I'm gazing out the window at the wing of this rickety plane comprised of twenty people or so (that's a generous estimate). We are en route to New York. There is a looming temptation to be fearful as I'm nearly certain I saw multiple strands of duct tape holding what appears to be crucial parts of the aircraft together.

All of that aside, there is no anxiety within me concerning the labor that God has set before me. Interestingly enough, He has set this task not at my feet, but He's set it just far enough away that I'm forced to take steps and then seize it. Traveling roughly 8,000 miles is more than a few steps but...still. The point is that God wants a proactive pursuit of Him and of His work. I'm here and I'm ready to work. God has started moving in miraculous ways in my heart and mind already and I've only been on this trip for about 10 minutes now. Can't say I'm too surprised, though. He is God after all.

I'm staring at the wing of the plane as it slices through clouds and soars to heights that allow me to see the work of His hands. I'm seeing God in everything. I'm seeing Jesus everywhere. He is waiting in India right now. Peace abounds in my soul and is conquering all fear. This could only be God. Frailty is understood best, perhaps, when you are on a plane and you look downward. I'm musing. I am slowly coming to grips with some key truths:

•I am weak; He is strong

•He takes people who are woefully under qualified and uses them in great ways.

•He loves people and wants to teach me to love people like He does.

•He is not intimidated by the fact that Christians are a minority in India.

•He knows me and wants me to know Him (my heart can't evade the weight and sheer strength of that one).

•Jesus is the most powerful and precious being in history.

•Jesus lives in me.

Those last two are really good ones. They will lead to empirical evidence of Christ's lordship and ability. Of course I knew all of things before today but God can bring them to mind at the most opportune times. There is also a difference between knowing these points and understanding them. Understanding should bring about some sort of result or action. I shouldn't be unmoved upon hearing these enigmatic truths. They have taken a restless spirit and bridled it into ease. In the midst of millions of people and chaotic times, I feel ease. Only 7,500 miles to go...